- The lawn should receive 1-2 inches of water each week during the summer months. Over watering will make the lawn more susceptible to diseases.
- The best watering technique is to water deep and infrequently.
- Watering should be done in the early morning. This allows the grass blade to dry faster and the grass to be less prone to disease.
- Always mow grass between 3 and 3.5 inches
- Mow often making sure to not remove more then 1/3 of the blade of grass.
- Make sure to keep mower blades sharp. A dull blade will shred the grass making it more susceptible to lawn diseases.
Aeration and seeding benefits
- The lawn benefits the most from aeration and seeding and we recommend it to be done every year
- It improves the penetration of air, water and nutrients into the soil creating a healthier stand of grass.
- It relieves soil compaction and stimulates root growth
- Helps manage thatch